Skin Deep

Photobucket
Skin Deep | Acrylics on Canvas (60cm x 80cm) | 2010

An artwork for "Sweet Streets Festival" at the "1000 Pound Bend" Venue held in Melbourne. The main idea and concept of this painting is to show what matters to me most and has deep affections for me as a individual and as an artist. And tattoos seem a perfect way to express it. Tattoos are often used to mark a person's body based on a live event that has influenced or has deep meanings in their lives.
Photobucket

We will start from the bottom which is a tattoo of Common's classic Hip-hop song "I Used To Love H.E.R." written on the foot that stands for Hip-hop as the basic influence and foundation for my arts. Moving up is a Sun Flower drawn around the belly button representing where I am from which is Bandung a.k.a Flower City. I've been painting a few flowers in the past years and it's been like a symbol to bring hospitality and kindness that this city has. Right above that are bold fonts the spell FAB Family written across the belly. No doubt indeed, FAB Family has been -like the name itself- a family to me with full support and love. Together we evolve and elevate ourselves in becoming better individuals. Now on the chest is a quote (or maybe a self note) that I wrote for myself "you don't really need a plan if you already have passion". Meaning that with enough passion, you can do anything you dream of because it's just miserable without it. On to the arms, the left arm are some Stereoflow Logos which has now become my symbol and on the right is a face of a girl that has been supporting me in my process. The last tattoo are the three stars below the eye. They are Mum, Dad and my sister which I always look up to.
Photobucket

ShareThis

Powered by Blogger.